Wednesday, October 29, 2008

TV Campaign

This year's political campaign reaches a new note this evening when Barrack Obama takes a half hour on CBS, NBC (ABC was not mentioned in the list I saw) and several cable networks to drive home his points (Hopefully this will be an informative half hour, not a info-mercial, soap opera or comedy). At least that's what I hope he plans to do and not bore us with a lot of useless information.

I have read the pros's and con's regarding the telecast. My hope is that Obama will now give us some specifics on the plans he wants to enact if elected president. I want to hear his proposals on health care, energy, the economy and the USA's image abroad. I want him to explain how he is going to pay for his programs without going into my pocket and not taking out loans from foreign (China) lenders.

As I have stated, I have not made a decision on who to vote for. Neither candidate has impressed me. Tonight is Obama's night to shine (or crash) and we will watch and listen.

I wish the McCain campaign had the same amount of money to waste on a half hour presentation, but he needs to spend his cash in the undecided states.

Isn't amazing how the pollsters already know how we are all going to vote and how the electoral college is going to line up? I know some of the states have had voting going on for a couple of weeks but I do not trust the early predictions.

Let's wait until all of the electorate have had their opportunity in the ballot box before telling us trends.

Watch Obama this evening and see what he has to say.

Vote out all incumbents next Tuesday!!

Its Common Sense!

2 comments:

Ajaz Haque said...

So Mike, are you still undecided or did Obama's video convert you last night?

Ajaz Haque said...

I have added you to my blog roll.