Friday, October 10, 2008

Newsworthy Trivia and questions I have about the candidates

I saw an article that states that Rensselaer County in the state of New York sent out absentee ballots showing the presidential candidates as John McCain and Barack Osama. Now we all know that it was a typo, especially since the two men responsible are Democrats. But, it is funny and even though replacement ballots were mailed as soon as the error was discovered, you have to wonder, what, if any effect, it will have on the voters.

As this week of collapsing world wide stock markets, bailouts, deceit on the parts of companies and probably congress, the possible collapse of a country (Iceland) I thought I needed to lighten things up. We need to smile a little or we are going to cry.

So, I am asking you my readers to let me know the answers to the following questions because I have to admit that I have not done my homework in these areas.

The presidential and vice-presidential candidates - do they have pets and if yes, what do they have? I picture McCain with a German Shepherd, Palin with a Husky and some kind of yappy rug rat terrier, Obama with a Persian cat and Biden with a yellow Lab.

The same foursome - what do they do for fun? McCain has to be careful of anything strenuous, maybe he is a Bridge player. No doubt Palin is into hunting, snowmobiling and maybe dog sledding. Obama probably hits the hoops and plays chess. Biden looks like the local softball coach.

Finally, I wonder what their favorite foods are. I have no idea and do not care to venture a guess.

I know, these are all irrelevant questions that mean nothing and most people could care less. But after the past week we all just need to sit, relax and hopefully laugh about something. If you are like me you were shocked to learn what you had lost in your 401K during the past two weeks. The shock has worn off, adjustments have been made and life goes on.

Smile, hug your children, spouse and or significant other. Make someone laugh or at least smile. We have to take care of ourselves and each other, because its evident our government doesn't care.

Have a great weekend!!

Its Common sense.

No comments: