Tuesday, October 7, 2008

AIG Spa Trip

Below is the letter I sent this evening to my senators and congressman after learning about the outing of the executives of AIG. I thought I would share it with you. As always, if I get any response I will share that as well.
Tomorrow I will comment on this evening's debate.

Dear Senator
The news has come out that executives of AIG,who came begging for a $85 billion loan to save their butts, took $440,000.00 of our tax money to go to a spa in California. The reports are that something like $25,000.00 was spent on facials and massages.
I worry about putting gas in my car and maybe having beef once a week and these guys are getting facials?
In my mind, this type of action violates the terms of the loan and I feel Congress should get our money back. If they can afford to go to a resort, then they can work out their own problems.
I am tried of my tax money being wasted and this is an insult.These executives should be prosecuted for thief of American tax dollars, and AIG should be forced to stand or fall on their own.
Thank you
Michael Wolfe

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree. And what does it say about the intelligence levels of these execs if they thought they wouldn't get caught going on this retreat? Not only are they unethical, they seem just plain dumb.

Mike's Common Sense said...

You have to remember that all of these guys and gals think they are smarter than the rest of us and that they will never get caught.
Its their arrogance that needs to be punished - a good smack up the side of the head isn't enough.