Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Joy of Life

In the early hours this morning , around 1am, I had a seizure. My wife, although terrified, reacted quickly, called 911 and even before she could go to a neighbor for help the police, followed by the ambulance arrived.

I was unaware of anything until I came conscious in the ambulance, strapped down, and paniced. I did not like being restrained and the paramedics had to work to calm me down.

In the ER I was given a battery of tests, and thus far, thank God, nothing has been found. Next I have to make an appointment with a neurologist to make sure the brain waves are functioning normally.

One of my thoughts during this ordeal was payment. Thank God I am insured, but how much is covered and how much will come out of my pocket?

Knowing the fear my wife and I went through, at least we know we are covered. I cannot imagine the fear of someone not covered who worries they may receive inferior or inadequate treatment because of money.

I hope that President Obama is faithful to his pledge of health care for everyone.

With all of the new technology available, we all have the right to a better life and care.

Let's make sure that those in power insure those rights.

Its Common Sense!

No comments: