Saturday, February 7, 2009

What's Important!!

I reported that I had a seizure on 01/29/2009. Since then I have been to a neurologist and received the news that I will need a series of tests to try and figure what went wrong

I also found out that in the state of Maryland, if you lose consciousness for any reason, you need to turn in your license and have a state medical board evaluate if you are competent to maintain a license. This morning I surrendered my license, hopefully for only 90 days.

I have been driving for forty-one years, actually it will be forty-two this coming March 20, and to suddenly have that privilege removed hit me hard. I am so used to the freedom one has when they can drive, that the shock of the changes in my life are a little overwhelming.

So, even though I am in a bit of a private depression because I do not like being dependent on others, or asking favors, I have to say that I thank God that I am blessed in many ways.

I have a loving wife who is going out of her way to make me get better and make things as easy as possible.

My daughter came home from grad school in Denver to help get me to doctors and do all she could to make certain her parents are going to be okay.

We have some friends and neighbors who have volunteered to drive us to work, the supermarket, etc.

It truly is when you confront your own personal crisis that you realize you have friends and relatives who are there to help.

I will get over feeling sorry for myself, thank God for all that I have, then follow doctor's orders and hopefully be driving in 90 days.

So, today I ask that all of you sit back and reflect on those who will be there when you are in a time of need, and thank God that when we need it most someone will be there.

Its Common Sense!

No comments: