Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stimulus Package?

The more I read the more confused I get about this Obama stimulus package. I thought he wanted to do big things with the infrastructure. Now I read that they might raise infrastructure projects to $40 billion, double what it originally was. So what is the other $800 billion to be spent on that will immediately stimulate the economy?

As far as I know there is nothing about mortgage relief, tax breaks, or any kind of reasonable loans starting up any time soon.

Could this entire stimulus be pork? How does that help the country?

Thus far I have not been impressed with the Obama Administration. Two of his cabinet choices have outstanding back tax issues, that they decided to resolve when nominated to be part of the cabinet. Let's face it, if they had been Republicans, Congress would have been all over them.

Obama says he has a plan to stimulate the economy, yet the more you try and learn, the murkier things get.

I am beginning to fear that we are headed into a Depression, unless Obama and the Congress can move quickly and effectively to head it off. Unfortunately, I just do not see the leadership we need presenting itself. Both Pelosi and Reid look like they are more interested in revenge and showing they have the power, rather than doing what is best for the country.

Time will tell, but I think we all better start thinking in terms of a Depression.

Do you agree? Is my thinking flawed?

Share your thoughts and ideas.

We are in this together, we can solve it together.

Its Common Sense!

No comments: