Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Senator Ben Cardin on Pork

I received this response from Senator Ben cardin - Democrat Maryland - regarding pork added to the bailout. See if it makes sense to you because I found it confusing.
Of course if everyone in DC thinks like this, no wonder the country is in its current situtation.

Dear Mr. Wolfe:
Thank you for contacting me about the troubled state of our nation's economy. Over the past few months, I have heard from thousands of Maryland families who are struggling with the aftershocks of the housing crisis and the declining stock market, as well a s high energy and food prices. These economic concerns are foremost on my list of issues to address in the weeks to come.
As your Senator, I want to assure you that I take your concerns seriously. In these difficult times, I am committed to working in a bipartisan manner to find effective legislative solutions to benefit working families, who have been hardest hit by the downturn. As a member of the Senate Budget Committee, I will be involved in crafting next year's budget resolution, which will become the blueprint for Congress' spending decisions. It will be my top priority on the Committee to keep a watchful eye on the nation's balance sheet and guarantee that ef forts to repair our economy are in the best interests of taxpayers.
After years of inadequate oversight and lax enforcement of existing laws, Congress must also act to guarantee greater transparency and accountability so that consumers, homeowners, and investor s are adequately protected. Additionally, we must reform our complex system of regulation so that we can help stabilize the markets and increase the availability of credit to families and small businesses.
As we look forward to the new Administration and the 111th Congress, which will convene in January, I ask you to continue to keep me informed of your views on e fforts to improve the economy. With your help, we can work together in pursuit of bipartisan solutions to improve the lives of working families and our country as a whole.
Thank you again for writing to me.

No comments: