Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! Traditionally today is the day we come together with friends and family to celebrate all we are thankful for. For a lot of people this year, like last year, finds them with less to be thankful for than normal.

Many families have one or more loved one fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq. Their prayer is for the safe return of that loved one.

Others find themselves depending on the aide of family or state or church agencies to help them eat this Thanksgiving because they fall in the category of the millions of unemployed.

Of course the fat cat bank executives have their fancy bonuses, so they'll be eating fine and I have a feeling very few of them will be helping out at local soup kitchens.

Congress is in recess and I am sure the Democrats and Republicans are getting ready to fight about Health Care, Social Security and the National Debt. Of course, they will also probably work in a raise for themselves even though they decided the elderly did not need the Social Security raised.

We all need to sit back and see what we are thankful for. for myself I am thankful for my wife, daughter, family and friends.

I am thankful that I am employed and in conditions to do a little to help others.

I am thankful that I live in a country where I can write a blog, criticize my government and not have to worry about imprisonment.

All of us have something to be thankful for. Let's celebrate today, and continue the fight tomorrow.

Its Common Sense!

No comments: