Saturday, November 7, 2009

Congress Health Care Bill

According to Speaker of the House Pelosi, the House Health Care Bill should pass anytime. Then its off to the Senate to see what they'll do. If the Senate follows suit it will get the President's signature.

Tomorrow I plan to write my senators and try to get some clarification. According to what I've read Medicare is going to be cut by $400 billion over the next ten years, and the new Health Care Bill is still going to cost around $1.2 trillion during the same period.

How is cutting benefits to senior citizens good? We know that there is rampant fraud committed against Medicare now. Does Congress really think the agency in charge of Medicare is suddenly going to regain control of the situation?

Of course the big questions is where this $1.2 trillion is going to come from? Taxes are going to need to be increased on categories other than those earning over $500,000.00 a year. (I imagine members of Congress who fall in that category will be exempt.)

I need some more specifics. All of us need to see what is really covered, who is covered and who is going to pay what.

I plan to try and read the House bill and write my senators. You all need to do the same.

An informed public is an enlightened public.

Its Common Sense!

No comments: