Monday, July 20, 2009

More on Health Care Reform

As I look more into the health care overhaul, which I agree needs to be done, and no, I'm not sure how, the more troubling things come to light.

Already I am concerned about how its going to be paid for. I read that Pelosi is proposing that all individuals making over $500,000.00 a year will take on an additional tax, as will couples making more than $1,000,000.00. How many doctors fit into that category?

Okay, so the cost is an issue.

Then I just learned that insurance for the current uninsured will not be available until 2013, and that the actual overhaul will be completed "maybe" by 2018. We could have a new President in 2013 and only God knows what the make up of the House and Senate will be by then. Which means that all the talk and money could end up going for nothing.

In the mean time, what are the uninsured to do? I guess continue what their doing and leave it up to the middle class to pay the bills in one form or another.

President Obama is suppose to have a television conference on Wednesday. We all need to watch and listen. And then we all need to let him know what we think.

One good thing about the Obama White House is the accessibility to their email sight. Now, I have to admit that I have not received any responses to my questions and observations, but being an optimist, I hope that is a sign that millions of citizens are letting the President know their views and it is too much for his staff to handle. (The other option is that I'm being ignored, which I realize is the more likely reality.)

In any case remember to watch on Wednesday, then let your voices be heard.

Its Common sense!

No comments: