Sunday, August 23, 2009

Medicare and Medicaid Reform

With growing disgust I watch the news regarding the Health Care Reform legislation and grow more and more disgusted. As always, the politicians are using the issue for their own purposes, not the health and welfare of their constituents.

I think this reform needs to start small and the government needs to prove they can actually run a program effectively, efficiently and profitably. Therefore, I think the initial reform needs to be limited to Medicare and Medicaid.

With that in mind I sent the following letter to the President and my legislators this morning.
As usual feel free to use any or all of the letter when you contact the President and your legislators.

We have to be vocal and hold our representatives accountable.

Its Common Sense!


Dear Mr. President,
As the Heath Care Reform debate continues, I want to make the following suggestion. Rather than attempt a massive reform that is fueling fears, misinformation, and serious divisions across the country, why not start small?
I suggest that you and your administration reform Medicare and Medicaid and prove to the country that your plan to reform these two programs actually works.
One of the big problems I have with your overall proposal is that you promise to not only reform Medicare and Medicaid but then use the savings from those programs to fund the public health care option.
Like the majority of Americans, I am skeptical that the government can actually manage Medicare and Medicaid effectively, efficiently and profitably.
Therefore, I challenge you to prove me wrong.
Let's take Health Care Reform slowly. Get Medicare and Medicaid running as promised, and then move on to the next part of the reform.
If you want the support of independents like me, then show us the government can actually manage the programs they are currently responsible for, before taking on additional responsibilities, bureaucracy, and probable debt.
Thank you.
Michael Wolfe

No comments: