Sunday, July 4, 2010

Washington DC - Stop Spending Now!!

I am sure the following letter I sent to my Senators is going to cause some anger, especially from the unemployed. I know they are hurting, have bills etc, but how much debt must the government go into? Seems to me the government should be pushing job creation by forcing banks to offer low interest loans to new businesses, especially those hiring from the ranks of the unemployed.
Secondly, let's clear out the illegals and force those employers to hire out of work Americans at legal salaries with benefits. Congress can make the changes, if they just get off their lazy butts.
Its Common Sense!

Dear Senator

I have been watching the news about extending unemployment benefits for the unemployed. Although I sympathize with their plight I have to ask, when does the national borrowing stop? Just how large a deficit can this country sustain? What happens when our creditors call in their notes?
This country is trillions of dollars in debt. If I ran my household in the same manner I would be on the street with nothing.
The time has come to stop borrowing. The government needs to learn how to survive with what it has, not what it wishes it had.
Fight unemployment by offering incentives to those creating new jobs. Help those starting businesses to get low interest loans from the banks - we the people bailed them out, it's about time the banks showed some appreciation by helping reverse the crisis they created.
Our current debt will not be paid in the life time of my great grand children. That is an unfair burden to put on any generation - much less the next five generations in this country.
As the government, you have to start spending responsibly, within the limits put on you by the revenue collected through our taxes. When the money is gone, then it's gone.
Our government's current practice of throwing money everywhere is turning our nation into a welfare state. People are becoming accustomed to the government taking care of them without them giving anything back.
The current budget deficits in the majority of our states shows that the people can no longer be dependent on the state to support them, they have to support the state.
Please stop the spending, fight for a balanced budget and do not allow our nation to continue in a downward spiral.
Thank you.
Michael Wolfe

No comments: