Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Senator Mikulski on Health Care Reform

As the battle tightens up in the senate over Health Care reform, and Democrats begin courting Independent Joe Lieberman for his vote, I received a letter from senator Barbara Mikulski of Maryland regarding my concerns.

After you read it let me know if it makes you feel better about the proposed bill because all it left me was depressed, frightened and confused.

Dear Mr. Wolfe:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about health care reform. It's great to hear from you.

Health care is one of the most important issues facing families and our economy. We need to:

?reduce health care costs for families, business and government

?protect people's choice of doctors, hospitals and health plans

?assure affordable, quality health care for all Americans

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (H.R. 3590) represents the combined efforts of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) and the Senate Committee on Finance. This bill takes a giant step forward in providing health care that is available, undeniable and affordable for all Americans.

There are many issues being discussed as part of health care reform. I will keep your views in mind as we continue our work on this important issue.

Thanks once again for writing. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

No comments: