Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Senator Mikulski on Immigration Reform

Senator Mikulski responded to my letter on Immigration and illegal aliens. See if her response makes you feel like me that we will never see any real reform.

Dear Mr. Wolfe:



Thank you for contacting me about immigration and the current debate about immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.



I absolutely agree with you that our nation's immigration system is broken and must be repaired. I believe that comprehensive immigration reform must protect our borders, protect American jobs and not penalize those who have played by the rules. It is important that we adopt a sensible approach to dealing with the illegal immigrants who are currently in the country.



As Congress continues to work on immigration reform, I will continue to work on finding sensible, bipartisan solutions to fix the immigration system. I appreciate hearing your views on immigration reform and want you to know that they will be useful to me as the Senate continues to debate this issue.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

No comments: