Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Senator Mikulski on the 28th Amendment

Senator Mikulski's staff must want some time away from health care reform because they already responded to my my question regarding a proposed 28th amendment.

Dear Mr. Wolfe:

Thank you for contacting me about amending the United States Constitution. It's good to hear from you.

I agree with you that Congress is here to represent the people. I believe Members of Congress have a sacred duty to represent those who have elected them with honor and integrity. We should be held to a high standard, and we must be accountable for our actions. The laws that we make apply to everyone in this country, and Members of Congress are expected to follow them or face consequences just like the public we serve.

Again, thank you for getting in touch. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

No comments: