Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Storm 2010 - Why Can't the Political Parties Work Together?

The past two days I have spent many hours shoveling out both my house and car. According to a neighbor we got 31 inches of the white stuff here in Reisterstown and I believe him.

I live in a townhouse community, so a next door neighbor is really next door. During these two days we worked together and cleared the sidewalks, freed our cars, and because we do not see a county snow plow we got our street passable.

Now with an aching body, sitting back and reflecting on what was accomplished, I wonder why the gang on Capital Hill cannot do the same thing. Me and my neighbors do not agree on everything, we have our disputes and differences, but when things are bad, differences are put aside and the good of the community comes first.

Why aren't they doing that in D.C.? Frankly, I am tired of the name calling, the blaming and the attacks. Sarah Palin was able to level a lot of criticism at the President while at the Tea Party Convention, but I did not not see her offer any practical solutions to unemployment, health care or anything else.

Finally the President has asked the Republicans to present their Health Care plan - why he did not do that a year ago is beyond me.

Washington needs to get beyond egos and get to the business of cleaning the blizzard in the community and getting everyone moving in the right direction again.

Its Common Sense!

1 comment:

Ajaz Haque said...

Because politicians put their personal interest before that of the country.

You would think than with 45 million Americans without healthcare coverage, politicians try to ensure that everyone gets coverage somehow. But some Republicans (and Democrats too) say, the healthcare system is fine as it is. I guess for them 45 million uninsured do not count. The welfare of insurance companies is closer to their hearts because that is where they get their campaign contributions.