Monday, April 20, 2009

Senator Mikulski on Climate Change

I do not remember writing to Senator Mikulski about climate changes, but since I write a lot its a possiblity. Anyway, here is the response she sent, either to me or some one else.



Dear Mr. Wolfe:

Thank you for contacting me about global climate change. It's great to hear from you.

I share your very serious concerns about the threats posed by global warming. I have always been concerned about the effects of global warming on our oceans, forests and wildlife habitats. I understand the broad impacts of climate change on the health of our people and our food and water supply.

That's why I am fighting for a sensible energy plan that includes incentives for new renewable and energy efficient technologies. This plan must decrease our reliance on foreign fossil fuels and significantly reduce global warming pollution.

Most recently I voted for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (P.L. 111-5) which was signed into law by President Obama on February 2, 2009. The ARRA included over $41 billion to improve the way our country uses, produces and conserves energy. I supported this legislation because I believe in a sensible energy plan that promotes alternative energy and energy efficiency and reduces global warming pollution.

I also want you to know that I am proud to be an original co-sponsor of the Cleaner, Greener, and Smarter Act of 2009 (S.5) which calls for legislation to improve the economy and the security of the United States by reducing U.S. dependence on foreign and unsustainable energy sources and the risks of global warming.

Again, thank you for contacting me. As the Congress addresses the important issue of climate change. You can be sure that I will continue to fight for measures to reduce pollution and fight global warming.Sincerely, Barbara A. MikulskiUnited States Senator P.S. If I can be of further assistance in the future,please visit my website at http://mikulski.senate.gov/or call my Washington D.C. office at 202-224-4654

No comments: